Wednesday, October 20, 2010

36 Weeks

I am now 36 weeks pregnant. Wow! It has gone by faster than I ever expected. In one week Amelia will be a full-term baby and I just cannot believe it! I have not enjoyed every single minute, but I think I might actually miss being pregnant when it is all over.

I want to say thank you to a great bunch of women. On October 2nd, Kristina Speers threw a shower for Katie and me at her gorgeous home just southwest of Shawnee. We got a lot of really great things for Amelia and some good advice from our mommy friends :) I love you, Kris and thank you so much for all you do!



On October 7th, a group of my OHCE ladies threw me a shower after their Fall meeting. There was more cake, more advice, and some really useful gifts.... like diapers, wipes, and gripe water. I hear that gripe water is a miracle for colic. I'm sorry, but I didn't get a picture from this shower.

On October 15th, the day after my niece Ava arrived, the women from our Sunday School class hosted a shower for me at the church. I was pretty emotional on this day because my mom couldn't be there. I know that she needed to be with Katie, and I am glad that she was, but it was just emotional. Thank you Rachel Moehle, Kristi Miller, Ashley Gardner, Jessica Nix, Mara Blackwell, Katrina Blackwell, Sara Martin, and Mandy Meyers for such a wonderful evening!



On a more technical note, I had an ultrasound today to check Amelia's size. She measured at 35 weeks by her head and chest circumference, so she's a little small, but she is currently 5 lbs and 11 oz. At this stage, babies gain about a half a pound a week, so if we make it to November 18th, she'll weigh approximately 7 lbs 11 oz. That is way bigger than I thought any baby of mine would be. BUT..... all of the women at my last shower think I won't make it to 40 weeks. Rachel thinks that Amelia will arrive 3 weeks early due to my "twin connection" with Katie. Another lady, Melanie, said that women usually get emotional in the couple of weeks before they deliver, so I was probably going to deliver early. I love hearing these little predictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment