Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I reserve the right to change the name....

This is something I have been saying since we decided that we wanted to have a baby. We have tossed names around like Sophi, Luke, Landon, and Cooper. I was dead-set on Lucas/Luke for a while, and then when it came closer, I wasn't so sure. Today, I gave up my right to change the name. Today we had our "big ultrasound." Any of you who are reading this have already read about the results on Facebook, I am sure, but I will announce it officially on my blog now: IT'S A GIRL!
This is our little butterbean at 8 weeks, 4 days gestation:


Here is the scroll of pictures from today's ultrasound at 18 weeks, 6 days gestation:

And this is Amelia Dean:


A little about how we came up with the name, and why I gave up my right to change my mind. When Katie and I were very small, our family lived in Sulphur. Both of our parents worked, so we had a babysitter who kept us everyday. Her name is Clydean Holland. She is one of the most special people I have ever known. She contracted polio as a young girl and has been in a wheelchair for as long as I can remember. My mom tells me stories of Clydean walking with crutches, but I cannot remember this. Anywho, my mom's mom passed away before I was born and Clydean has been the closest thing to a maternal grandmother that I have had. Even after we moved to Marietta when I was four, she kept us whenever my parents went out of town. Now that we are grown, she has always been interested in how we are doing and we love to visit her in Sulphur whenever possible. Her grandson Derrick is 3 years younger than I am and has always been like family. I love this woman and I want to honor her by naming my daughter after her. I hope that my own daughter will be as strong and loving as Clydean has always been. I called Clydean tonight and told her that we are naming the baby after her. She cried and said that nobody has ever named a little child after her before. It was a very sweet conversation in which she went into old stories about Katie and me, and the crazy things we said and did as toddlers.

Changing the subject one last time, for one last picture: My husbee is a photographer. I have been asking him for days to take a pic of my belly so I can post it on Facebook or my blog. This has not happened, so I took it upon myself to get a little shot of the belly in my full-length mirror. This is what I got. I don't know the first thing about setting up a good photo, so please do not judge me!











No comments:

Post a Comment