Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pressing on...



I am just finishing up my second week of work. Every morning is a new challenge. Amelia and I are working on getting a routine down. We have pretty much got the bedtime routine, but those nighttime feedings are killing me! If Baby A could only understand how much easier it would be on both of us for her to wake up at the same times every night. She gets a bath every night around 9:00 and is usually in bed between 9:00 pm and 10:00 pm. That's wonderful because that means I can go to bed too :) Then she wakes up to nurse anywhere between midnight and 3:00 am. That's quite a difference. What time she wakes up for her first feeding determines how late she'll let me sleep in the morning. Ideally, I get up at 5:30, get ready for work, eat my breakfast and then feed her at 6:30 and we're out the door by 7:30. If she wakes up at 3, this works out. If she wakes up earlier, then I'm up at 4:00 or 4:30 with no chance of going back to bed. That makes for a long day. Do any of my more experienced mom friends have any advice for consistency?

3 comments:

  1. No real advice, but just encouragement that you'll settle into a routine soon. It took us about the first 3 months to get into one that worked for us. You are doing great! And just remember God will give you all the strength you need for each day. Trust me, some mornings that was all that got me up and going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great mama, like the country song says... "It won't be like this for long." I promise! Like you said, you prob just have to press on for now. One day she will just sleep longer and it will be amazing! Except that your boobs will hurt from being so full :)And like Rachel said, some days I was also just clinging to God for strength!

    If she wakes up at midnight, can you get her back to sleep without feeding her? I know it's so much easier to just feed her, but maybe she's simply used to waking up. Babies are such creatures of habit! I remember making D get her back to sleep bc if I held her all she wanted was milk :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just go ahead and feed her for my own comfort b/c I definitely know what you mean about the girls getting too full and hurting!

    ReplyDelete